“You only get one shot – ” at life. Live it now. Don’t keep it in reserve against a day you might not have.
Life is too short:
- To be scared to make mistakes. Your worst mistakes will be your best lessons
- To not chase your dream; to fear the risk of failing at it. Never realising that it is better to fail while reaching for the stars than succeeding at what you never really wanted in the first place
- To fear taking risks – unaware that the biggest risk is to live as long as you hoped without really doing the things you dreamt of
- To worry about the trivial and waste what will never come back. Time. We say time is money – but money can be borrowed – time can’t .
- To feel guilty about doing nothing – sometimes just laugh a little more , lie in bed all day , watch your favourite tv shows, binge on all your favourite food – without regret
- To put off that “trip of a lifetime” for next year – find a way to make it happen. Your kids can come along. Your job isn’t going anywhere and someone will feed the dog
- To not tell the ones you love that you love them often enough- assuming you have another day
- To complain and hold grudges that hurt you more than anyone else
Having said all this – I know that life is not only short , it is sometimes hard. It becomes profoundly complicated for us to chase our dreams.
But why ?
Almost all of us live a life for the approval of others. It’s hardly a life of our own
So take out time to live your life ..your way. Do what matters to you .. and if you don’t know what it is yet .. that’s ok too .. take out time to find out
Live your live now !